5 Podcasts You Never Knew You Needed
I live for a great podcast. Podcasts are audio recordings of conversations, lectures, meditations, affirmations - if you can speak it aloud, it can be a podcast. I like to listen to my podcasts more than once so I make an effort to choose my podcasts wisely. I listen to self-help podcasts that are directly applicable to making my black, lit, female, Christian, self better. Our senses control how we perceive the world and sadly, we cant "un-hear" things. Protect your conscious and subconscious by making sure the podcasts you listen to are of substance, not aimless babbling.
Make a connection with the author(s) of your pod. I love when I'm listening to a podcast and I can holler a loud "yes!" or tear up from laughing so hard. Why? Because that's what friends do together! However, not every podcast is for you. In the same way you wont get along with everyone, you wont vibe with every podcast - and that's okay. Here are a few of my faves:
1. MyTaughtYou - Myleik Teele is the mastermind behind the must-have CURLBOX monthly beauty subscription service. After launching her company in 2011, Myleik has since been inspiring girl bosses everywhere with her unfiltered advice guidance and motivation on developing their businesses, and strengthening work ethic.
2. Black Girl Pod - Close you eyes and imagine someone recorded your best girls group chat and put it on air, and you've got Black Girl Pod! Scottie Beam , Gia Peppers, Sapphira , Bex, and Alysha P. serve up plenty #BlackGirlMagic with every episode. These ladies are 21 episodes deep with topics ranging from open relationships, running from God, self-care, and even oral sex etiqutte (LOL!). Their individual personalities make it very satisfying to hear so many perspectives. I love it!
3. The Potters House - If you follow me on Instagram, you know listening to this podcast is the most wonderful time of the week! Uncle Bishop TD Jakes delivers 30 minute sermons through these podcasts recorded at The Potters House church located in Dallas, Texas. Whether I missed church on Sunday or maybe I need spiritual pick me up, The Potters House speaks directly into the seeds planted inside me and pushes me towards growth.
4. She's Beauty and the Beast - Radio personality/Edutainer Tracy G. dives into the huge pool that is self-discovery and walks us through step-by-step using her own personal revelations. My favorites are her audio vision boards. Audio vision boards are affirmations (or declarations) we can speak aloud and apply to our lives. There is strength in our words. Tracy might give you a word, but YOU can make it powerful.
5. Side Hustle Pro - For all of us looking for our own 7 streams of income, Nicaila Matthews is here to help! Every Side Hustle Pro podcast is filled with valuable information teaching you how to "build and grow a side hustle from passion project to profitable business." Many episodes feature interviews with thriving black, female entrepreneurs who have jumped over hurdles that every dreamer and doer has run into. or will meet on this journey of self-employment.